Saturday, April 7, 2012

CRAZY????

So these past couple of days have had some awesome moments and some pretty awkward moments!  I know that some people have read this blog and thought - "Whoa this is crazy!  There is no way!" 

I would be lying if I said that I did not have moments of doubt myself.  But, I am extremely thankful that they have been fleeting moments and not all consuming doubt.  I have been blessed in that when doubt creeps in, I tell it to "GO AWAY!". 

I got up early this morning to do my bible study and have comforted beyond measure!  My study was about believing God and some examples.  I think the examples that were provided were so relevant to my situation that I wanted to share two of them:

1. Jericho - God told Joshua that he would give him and the people Jericho.  God told Joshua to have the people walk around the city walls blowing trumpets once a day for 6 days. (Ok, really?)  Then, on the seventh day, walk around the walls 7 times blowing the trumpets and give a loud cry.  So, you know the story, when they gave the loud cry, the wall fell.

2. When the tax collector came to collect taxes, Jesus sent Peter to the lake to go fishing.  He told Peter to look in the mouth of the first fish he caught and there would be a 4 drachma coin - the taxes required for Jesus and Peter. 

THOSE ARE CRAZY! 

In both of those stories, Joshua and Peter and to believe that God was going to provide.  They didn't have to believe because those are some pretty crazy ways to get to the end result, right?  Maybe if Joshua had done it his way he still would have won Jericho, maybe not.  Can you imagine what Peter was thinking?  Ok, you want me to go fishing and you are going to put a coin in the mouth of the fish?  Come on!  Both of those stories are crazy - and you might even be thinking - weird.  The point I am trying to make is that God's way is crazy at times.  If it were not, then there would be no reason for faith.

Going to Brazil in 30 days is not nearly as crazy as either one of those stories in my mind.  I mean really, what is so crazy about that?  Yes, it is last minute.  Yes, it is a shock.  But, really, what is so crazy?  The fact that He wants me to go or the fact that I said yes?  God will finish what He has started.  I've made the most important first step - believing it.

God is going to ask us to do crazy things.  And in those crazy things you will come to know God better because if you believe that He can do what He says in the middle of crazy, then everyone will know that YOU did not accomplish this task!  We can either do them or not.  It is all up to you! (and me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment