Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Richmond to Brazil in 33 days....

Today, I said yes to God. 
Yes, Lord, I will go to Brazil on this missions trip.  Yes, I know it is only 33 days away.  Yes, I know it is 2 weeks long!  Yes, I know it is expensive.  If I say no now, when I have heard you the clearest in all my life, when will I be able to say yes?

If you have the time and are even the slightest bit interested, please read how I got here.  I am new to bloging, so I only have three other posts besides this one - so, not too long.

This trip is two weeks long and it is in 33 days from today.  In 35 days, I will be on a boat in the Amazon jungle - for real!  No joking.  On a boat, on a river, in the Amazon jungle, in Brazil.  That takes my breath away....I would never have the courage to do this on my own.

I will be getting ready for this trip in a really really short amount of time.  I didn't realize how much preparation goes along with planning a missions trip.  These folks have been planning for months and I will do it in days.  I will not be able to do this without help.  Please help me through your prayers and financial support as this trip will cost $2,500.  Will you say a little prayer for me?  For my sanity?  For my sweet sweet husband?

This is where I will be going:

http://www.cbm.org.br/new/index.php

If you go on this website, you will get a little taste of what I will be enjoying.  Apparently, I will not be seeing anacondas while there...

I will be a part of the health minitries team that will travel up and down the river to different villages with a group of doctors and nurses helping to meet the medical needs of the people.  The other part of the group will be building a church.

I can't believe I am going to go.  I really can't.  Since I have not had the luxury of planning this for months, I have not had the opportunity to save nor plan for this expense.  This trip will cost $2,500.  Should you read this story and feel led to help in some small way, please send a check to:

Journey Christian Church
3505 Old Hundred Road
Midlothian, VA  23112

Please put my name - Christy Whitver in the memo line along with Brazil missions trip.  Your contribution is tax deductible. 

I can't tell you enough how much your support, in any capacity, means to me.  I cherish the thought that one of my friends or family members may want to support me as I take this huge step in faith.  Thank you so much!
I plan to share my journey getting to Brazil, ministering in Brazil and coming home.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment