Monday, April 9, 2012

Incredible Easter!

What an incredible day yesterday was!

I'll start at the end - Our son James accepted Christ!  He told us he wanted to do it, so we had a long talk, then we all held hands (all 5 of us) as Rob walked him through the sinner's prayer!  It was so cool!  I couldn't be more proud!  I also underestimated how emotional it would be.  He wants to get baptized - right now. 

The sad part - he ended up getting really sick in the middle of the night.  I mean really, really sick.  I won't post the gory details, so just take my word for it - SICK!  During one of the episodes he said, "Why is this happening to me? This is bad!  But I said the sinner's prayer! I thought good things were supposed to happen!"  Poor thing!

So, now I will back up a bit.  I took a walk after dinner as I was trying to sort out somethings in my head.  I was walking and talking with God and thanking him for Jesus' sacrifice.  And then I began to wonder......

Who would I sacrifice my life for?  My children of course!  I would take their pain and suffering and a bullet for them at any point if my abilities allowed it.  And if they didn't, I would try harder.  Would I give my life for my husband?  hmmmm, that is where it starts to get tricky.  I think I would....I think.   Then, unfortunately, my answers turn to NO.  I'm sorry, I just don't think I could do it, knowing what I would be leaving behind.

Yet...Jesus willingly laid his life down for me.  Willingly.  He knew every sin I would ever commit, yet he still chose to bear the cross.  Wow. 

That got me thinking - What would I do if someone in the here and now gave their life for me?  What would I do?  I would make their family my family.  I would make sure that everyone knew how grateful and thankful I was for the gift they bestowed upon me.  I would do anything for that person's spouse, their children, their parents.  I would make sure that they knew the price paid was not a waste.

So, how is that any different from what I am willing to give to Jesus?  The difference is, Jesus knows my deepest, darkest secrets and he still chose the cross.  What is left for me to do?  How can I not give Jesus everything for what he has done?  Not only do I get a better life now, but I will have life everlasting!

He is Risen and He is Alive!

He called me to Brazil, how can I say no?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment